(Updated May 21, 2021)
- Name: Kentaro Matsumae (@kenmaz)
- Mail: email@example.com
- SNS: Twitter / Facebook / github / Qiita / Hatena / Speaker Deck / SlideShare
- Apr 1999 – Mar 2003 Kindai University, Japan / Bachelor of Software Engineering
- iOS Application Development (Swift, Objective-C)
- Machine learning program development (Python, Keras, Tensorflow)
- Android application development (Java, Kotlin)
- Server application development (Java)
- Development of development support tools (Java, VBA)
- Web server environment development (Linux), Cloud environment development (AWS), CI environment development (Jenkins)
- Data analysis (SQL, Hive, Vertica, Pig)
- iOSDC2020 / Streamlining UIKit-based app development with Xcode Previews
- iOSDC2019 / How to build a mobile payment app
- try! Swift NYC 2018 / Super Resolution with CoreML(Long Version)
- try! Swift Tokyo 2018 / Super Resolution with CoreML
- iOSDC2017 / Let’s make an idol face recognition app with CoreML
- DeNA TechCon 2015 / Swift migration case study in Manga Box
- Recruit The Forefront of Smartphone UX (May 2012) / UX, Monetization, and Technology of Nico Nico Douga iOS App
- Nikkei BP Smartphone Spring 2011 (May 2011) / How to make the Nico Nico Douga iPhone app
- Gijutsu Hyoronsha Smartphone Design Contribution on UX for smartphone applications (September 2012)
- Nikkei BP Inc. mook Complete understanding of Java tools Co-authored (March 2011)
- Nikkei BP Inc. mook Learn from Zero - Latest Java - Programming Co-authored (September 2009)
- Nikkei Software, Nikkei BP, “Learn Java Tools Slowly,” 12 articles in total (Dec. 2009 - Sep. 2010)
- Nikkei BP, Nikkei Software, “Learning Java slowly” series of 12 articles (May 2008 - June 2009)
- Gijutsu Hyoronsha Eclipse Practical Development Introduction
- Nikkei BP, Nikkei System Construction “Verification of Eclipse TPTP” Contribution (2006)
- Contributor to IDG Japan JavaWorld “Web Application Development Basics with Eclipse” (2006)
- Contributor to IDG Japan JavaWorld “Aspect Oriented Development Fundamentals” (2006)
OSS activities / Personal Projects
- Super-resolution library using CoreML
- Momoclo member discriminator
- For verification of deep learning
- iOS app development/publication
- Contribution to some OSS
Mercari Inc (Jun 2018 - present)
- iOS Application Developer for Mercari
- Development of mobile payment function Merpay / Tech Lead(TL)
- iD payment integration(Apple Pay In-App Provisioning) as Client Tech Lead
- Bank account connection function as Client Tech Lead
- QR code payment function (CPM/MPM) as Client Tech Lead
- Searching for nearby stores with map UI (Google Maps SDK) as Client Tech Lead
- Sending and receiving (money transfer) function as Client Tech Lead
- My page improvement as Client Tech Lead
- Development of iOS development platform
DeNA Corporation (Apr 2013 - May 2018)
- Lead engineer for Manga Box development project.
- iOS app development, API design, server side development
- Log aggregation for service growth, function improvement, AB test implementation
- Develop CI environment, research new technologies, etc.
- iOS application
- Language: Swift / Objective-C
- Tools: CocoaPods / SwiftLint / Fastlane
- Data store: CoreData / MagicalRecord
- Communication / API: AFNetworking / JSONRPC / Codable
- Perl / Amon2 / MySQL / Memcached
- Analysis, others
- Hadoop / Hive / Vertica / Python / Keras / Tensorflow
- First view UI improvement AB test & gradual migration
- CoreML + super-resolution validation (20% rule)
- Paid membership feature (IAP auto-renewal subscription)
- Comics Store UI renewal
- Main screen UI improvement AB test & migration (hamburger menu -> tabs, add favorite function, enhance search function, etc.)
- iOS11 support (Social.framework removed, iOS8 support ended), iPhoneX support, Swift3 migration
- Verification of automatic coloring of comic images by deep learning (20% rule)
- Guest Login, Bookshelf UI renewal
- UniversalLink / AppSearch support
- iOS10 support (ATS support, iOS7 end of support, etc.),
- Optimization of data update process
- Started gradual migration to MVVM architecture.
- Manga Box member registration and login functions (mail, SNS)
- In-app coin purchase (consumable IAP items) function
- Comics Store (paid comics sales) function
- iOS9 support, SWift2 migration
- Overall design/iOS app development for Manga Box Indie
- Post-release functional improvement and stable operation
- Monetization through advertising SDK and in-house advertising, anti-cheat measures, cost reduction measures such as webp implementation
- iOS8 support, iOS6 support end
- System design for the entire service, iOS prototype development and verification
- Design and development of iOS application and server side
- Initial release (2013/12), operational stabilization, en/zh support
Dwango Corporation (Jun 2009 - Mar 2013).
- Verification and development of new services for smartphones (not yet released)
- Leader of a development team of 4 to 10 members.
- Verified and developed a system for exchanging voice, images, and text in real time.
- Technologies used: Objective-C, Ruby
- Nicholson iOS App Development
- Leader of a development team of 4 to 6 members
- Development and design of the iOS app “Nicholson” (2013/5 service termination)
- Development of a server for posting audio recorded by the iOS app
- Technologies used: Objective-C, PHP, Java, Redis, MySQL, Memcached, Solr
- Nico Nico Douga and Nico Nico Live Broadcast iOS App
- Leader of a development team of 4 to 12 members.
- Developed and designed iOS apps “Nico Nico Douga” and “Nico Nico Live Broadcast” (later integrated into a single app as niconico)
- Development, design, and operation of API servers for the above apps (video information display, search, authentication, etc.)
- Design and implementation of a server program that sends video taken with the iPhone to the server in real time, compresses it, converts it to RTMP, and delivers it to the delivery server.
- Technologies used: Objective-C, Java, Google Guice, PHP, memcached, MySQL
- Nico Nico Douga HTML5 Player
- Development and design of a video player compatible with iOS Safari and Andorid web browsers.
- NicoNico Cho-Kaigi 2012 Ticket Sales and Authentication System
- Development of a QR code ticket sales website for Nico Nico Cho-Kaigi
- Development of an iOS application that reads QR codes for authentication
- Technologies used: Objective-C, PHP, memcaced
- Development of NicoNico Douga Mobile Delivery Server
- Implementation and maintenance of the video delivery server for Nico Nico Douga Mobile.
- Technologies used: Java, PHP, Tomcat, MySQL, Memcached
Hitachi Software Engineering, Ltd (Apr 2003 - May 2009).
- Product development and in-house operation of an enterprise SNS web application (Mar 2008 - Jun 2009)
- Designed and developed an enterprise SNS web application built with Ruby on Rails.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the infrastructure and communication functions.
- Java Consultant (Nov. 2006 - Feb. 2008)
- Provided technical support for Java and Web applications for internal projects.
- Developed in-house tools (e.g., a tool to generate code from DB specifications, a tool to embed log output processing in the entire source code from log specifications, and an in-house tool to automatically generate flow diagram diagrams from programs written in PL/SQL).
- Research and application of technologies to achieve test automation using JUnit code automation tools.
- Related technologies: Java, Struts, Eclipse, various WebAP servers, RDMS in general
- Product development of debugging tools based on bytecode rewriting technology (October 2005 - October 2006)
- Design and development of Eclipse plug-ins to support debugging and fault identification.
- Mainly responsible for the design and implementation of the UI.
- Technologies used: Java, Eclipse, SWT/JFace, EMF, Javassist
- Product development of a source code generation tool for web applications (October 2004 - September 2005)
- Eclipse plug-in that generates source code for Strust-based web applications from screen transition diagrams created in Visio.
- Technologies used: Java, Struts, Eclipse Plugin, Autonomic Comupting technology
- Library information retrieval system development (March 2004 - September 2004)
- Industry-university cooperative project with a research institute.
- I was in charge of the design and development of the batch program that stores the book information acquired from each library in the DB.
- Technologies used: Java+Servlet+JSP, Websphere, DB2
- Development, operation and maintenance of personnel and recruitment information management system (June 2003 - February 2004)
- Design, development, operation and maintenance of an internal system to manage personnel evaluation and recruitment information.
- Technologies used: Java+Servlet+JSP, WebLogic Server, MS SQLServer
- Streamlining development of UIKit-based projects with Xcode Previews
- LT Speaker at try! Swift Tokyo 2018 & Trained CoreML models are now available
- I talked about CoreML at iOSDC2017
- DeNA insider’s explanation of “Manga Box” system structure and internal structure of iOS app
- What engineers really think when they drink - Manga Box
- Dwango engineers’ technician’s spirit that drives Nico Nico Douga
- Employee introduction article